LIBRARY - FAQ
- The library remains open on all working days except SUNDAYS and GOVERNMENT declared HOLIDAYS.
- You need to present your Borrowing Card (BC) to appropriate window designated for a particular course/division and ask for the book of your choice. The concerning staff issues the book/s.
- You should immediately report to the Circulation Section about the loss of your Borrowing Card. Record of this card will be blocked with instant effect to avoid any misuse. You can apply for a new BC by depositing a fee of Rs. 20/-only.
- (The BC is non-transferable and once issued to a particular student, only he/she is authorized to use the card and stands responsible for all library transactions. It is advised to report a lost or stolen card immediately to Central Library.)
- You must carry the BC to library every time you need to issue a book. No students without a valid BC be provided any facility from the library resources.
- Students will be issued General books, Textbooks & Teachers reference can be issued from the circulation section.
Reference books can be used in the Reference Section only, and cannot be taken out of the section or home. Reports, Theses and loose issues of periodicals must be used in the Reference Section only.
- The initial loan period for book/s is ONE week. For checking due date, please see the ‘due date slip’ at the back page of issued books.
- You can borrow up to Two Books at once. The Library charges fines for overdue books so don't forget to bring them back on time for return or renewal.
- Taking into consideration the number of copies of a particular book available in the library and number of students in its requirement, popularity of the book, etc. it is possible that there are students waiting for the same book you have been issued. To ensure that everyone should have a fair chance to get facilitated by available resources, a book is issued for 7 days only.
- Books that have not been requested by another borrower can be renewed at the Circulation Counter. A Book can be renewed twice, upon which it needs to be returned back to the Central Library. Books requested by other borrowers may not be renewed.
- Documents may be presented at the Circulation Counter during the circulation hours. Please verify your account to ensure that the status of the book is marked as ‘Returned’. Library materials must be returned on or before the date and/or time due in order to avoid overdue fines.
- One needs to fill the 'reservation slip' for this book. The book will be issued to you on its return
- Fines are assessed on all overdue Library materials. Be sure to renew your Library material/s. Fines are paid at the Cash Counter at the office during working hours. Overdue item attracts a fine of: Rs. 2 per Day, per book.
Note: If your Library fines reach or exceed 100 Rs. you will not be able to borrow Library material.
- Report immediately to the Circulation In-charge, Central Library for loss of a book/material in prescribed format and replace a new copy within 7 days.
- A number of e-journals and databases are available in full-text format at the e-Resource Section in Central Library. Central Library is also a member of DELNET and N-List. Check the list of electronic journals (including 'Archives') available on the e-Resource Section in central library homepage.
- Yes! The Library welcomes suggestions from students, faculty, staff and alumni too. Fill in the 'Purchase Recommendation Form’ and hand over it to the Central Library Acquisition Section. Recommendations from departments should get forwarded by their respective heads. Requisitions may be made based on catalogues or other available sources. (New Books are displayed round the year, replaced with new titles every week).
- The Central Library has a large research collection of Educational CDs. Videos and DVDs may only be viewed in the e-Resource Section at Central Library.
- There is facility of ‘Ask the Librarian’ on Library website where you can drop your query. Don’t forget to mention your correct e-mail address. Librarian will reply to your query as soon as possible.
- New books are displayed on the New Book display rack and New arrivals Rack.
New Journals Display on Journals Section. For a list of the latest books, see ‘New Books’ on Library website.
- HathiTrust Contains over 2.7 million fully viewable digital volumes, including books and journals important for learning community. Some volumes in the HathiTrust Digital Library, however, are only available to search and are not available for download or to view in full.
- Go to https://www.hathitrust.org/
- To limit your search to fully viewable items, check the box for Full view only from Catalog Search.
- Select the full view link next to any item from your search results.
- From the record view, select Download whole book (PDF) from the left column
- Click Login from the pop-up window.
- Choose the University of California, Berkeley from the drop down list and click Login.
- Enter your CalNet ID and passphrase.
- You will return to the full view record of the book. Select, once again, the Download whole book (PDF) link from the left column to download the PDF to your computer.
- You can also find HathiTrust volumes that are available for download through OskiCat or Melvyl.