RE-ACCREDITED WITH 'A' GRADE BY NAAC
RECOGNIZED AS COLLEGE WITH POTENTIAL FOR EXCELLENCE BY UGC
The Department of History was started in the year 1964. The Head of the Department then was Prof. R. B. Dafale. The subject was introduced for the students of humanities right from the year of establishment of the college.
As the college is situated at the holy Deeksha Bhoomi, a place which is historically very significant for a grand event in the history of India, the subject too fetches equal attention and noteworthy presence. After Prof. R. B. Dafale retired from his noble service to the department, Prof. Umesh Janbandhu joined as a part-time lecturer and tried his best to develop the academic scene of the department.
In 1999 Prof. Avinash D. Fulzele joined the department as a full-time lecturer. The earlier growth was rejuvenated in a more competent way. He successfully organized a State Level Seminar on Land-Administration in Vidarbha: 1903-1947. This was recorded with a huge applause as the topic had a current issue for academic deliberations.